Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to request an application form.
Pediatric Urgent Care: Children’s Medical Center Dallas
Children’s Health Children’s Medical Center Dallas
| Children’s Health Children’s Medical Center Dallas seeks several board certified pediatricians with urgent care experience to join our expanding team. Located in the Southwestern Medical District in the heart of Dallas, Children’s Medical Center Dallas is one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country and the seventh largest pediatric healthcare provider in the nation. Features include: |
- Children’s Health is the Regional Pediatric Tertiary Referral Center for North Texas and our Dallas location is the only pediatric Level I Trauma Center in North Texas.
- The Emergency Department has an annual volume of approximately 125,000 visits and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (roughly 45% of visits are low acuity).
- The pediatric ED is comprised of fellowship trained pediatric EM physicians, Advanced Practice Providers and general pediatricians with urgent care experience.
- Pediatricians will treat lower acuity patients in a specific locale within the larger Emergency Medicine Department. Pediatric emergency medicine providers are always nearby and subspecialty resources are available 24/7.
- Interested pediatricians should have experience in an urgent care setting and be comfortable suturing, interpreting simple x-rays, managing sprains and foreign body removal.
- The work schedule will vary by seasonal volumes but will consist of 9-hour shifts with a mix of days, evenings, weekends and holidays. The shifts will be split equitably among the general pediatricians.
- Pediatricians are employed by a Children’s Health corporation and will practice collaboratively as integral members of the Pediatric EM team led by the Division Chief of Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Competitive salary that includes a comprehensive benefits package with 5 weeks of paid time off each year.
- The Dallas region is known for its outstanding school systems, affordable housing and variety of recreational and cultural amenities. Home to world class museums, 12 major four-year colleges and universities, all 4 major professional sports (Cowboys, Rangers, Stars and Mavericks), top rated golf courses and much more.
- Texas is the prime destination for many physicians due to tort reform and a highly favorable malpractice environment. In addition, Texas is one of only 7 states in the nation with no state income tax.
To more details of this opportunity, please contact:
Providence Healthcare Group
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: PedUC.Dallas
About Children’s Health Children’s Medical Center Dallas
Providence is a healthcare consulting firm.
Back to top