Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (email@example.com) with questions or to request an application form.
Marketing – Communications Manager
At Epic Care, we specialize in cancer care. Our geographic focus means we can consistently deliver convenient personal care and attention to our patients. Each new addition to our staff is selected for their high standards of excellence, advanced training in their specialty, and their open and caring personalities. The warmth of our people is a hallmark of our practice.
The Marketing / Communications Manager is responsible for all activities related to conceptualizing and implementing market strategy and achieving marketing targets.
Marketing / Communications Manager Duties
Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing plan in partnership with the Epic Care Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and Executive Committee (EXEC) to create outreach strategies designed to build awareness of Epic Care providers, services and facilities.
- Develop and maintain and marketing plan; define target audiences by specialty and geography.
- Collect and provide interpretation of data/research to assist in the development of messaging, targets and tactics for physician outreach.
- Create and maintain tools for the measurement/evaluation of outreach strategies.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Epic Care programs and services in order to communicate effectively. Be intimately involved in understanding the specialized services that differentiate Epic Care in the community, and how to effectively communicate these and their availability to the referring physician community, other Epic Care providers and staff, and the patient community at large as appropriate.
- Development of competitive analysis to determine how Epic Care is perceived in the community, and how it compares to its competitors with regard to factors that are important to the referring physician community.
- Define the decision-making process for the referring physician to determine and exploit the factors which are important to the referring physician; for example: Ease of referral, authorizations, communication of patient progress and results, expertise of our physicians and staff, and the overall quality and effectiveness of the patient experience.
- Network on behalf of Epic Care to ensure visibility in the medical community and provide market/competitive intelligence updates as appropriate.
- Working with Provider Services, participate in creation, update, and implementation of our Physician Relationship management database. Identify systems that utilize externally available data as well as all internal databases to help define sales targets, customize messaging, provide insight into referral behavior, and track results of marketing efforts.
- Recommend, organize and manage patient outreach events in all Epic Care communities, including the development and continual refinement of the program, budgets and appropriate communicate of each event to the community, Epic Care staff and providers, as appropriate.
- Recommend, organize and manage patient surveys to provide feedback on operations and for communication to referring physicians on our quality of service.
- Recruitment, train and provide ongoing management of physician liaison resources, including Epic Care staff offering part time resources.
- Lead the development of marketing tools/collateral as needed, including databases, metric reporting, and materials.
- 3+ years’ experience in medical marketing / communications development, preferably in a large, private practice environment
- Familiarity with Oncology, Surgery, and Primary Care a plus
- Familiarity with Office Automation tools for Data Collection and Reporting
- Demonstrated evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional Salary Information: Compensation appropriate based upon experience, excellent benefits and bonus plans available.
Internal Number: 56521
About Epic Care
Founded in the 1990’s, Epic Care is a group of board certified hematologists and oncologists based in the Northern California East Bay area. We are dedicated to providing the newest breakthroughs and scientific innovations in cancer care, as well as providing compassionate, supportive care. Since day one, we’ve strived to be more than just your specialist in your fight against cancer and blood disorders, we’ve strived to be your partner throughout this experience.
More Jobs Like This
University Medical Center of Southern Nevada
2 Days Ago
San Antonio, Texas
2 Days Ago
Back to top