Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (email@example.com) with questions or to request an application form.
Business Data Analyst III
Interprets results using a variety of techniques; ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining independently.
Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Customer focus- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates effectively- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision quality- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble learning- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates self-awareness- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
· Lead and perform complex analysis in an evolving data environment
· Lead projects that require data mining, analysis, and presentation
· Identify relevant trends, do follow up analysis and prepare visualizations
· Extract and analyze data, patterns, and related trends, with the subsequent ability to synthesize the data into information consumable by business decision-makers
· Uses advanced research and statistical methods to conduct comprehensive analyses on the data collected from various operational processes
· Consults with requestors of informational topics related to research and decision-making analyses
· Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate concise information and recommendation available in both oral, written and visual formats
- Knowledge of data relationships, how data is input (manually and electronically) into the system, and how the data is reported
- Possess analytical skills related to the development of report specifications, data reporting and data modeling
· Ability to prioritize duties balancing interruptions, distractions, and fluctuating workload
· Self-starter with the ability to accomplish and take appropriate steps to achieve success
· Ability to collaborate with internal and external customers
· Ability to provide guidance to lower level Associates in same department
- Mastery of statistical methods, tools and techniques
· Proficient in writing sound and efficient SQL queries to produce desired reporting or process outcomes
· Proficient in developing and querying, relational databases, preferably Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
· Proficient in developing complex queries using various programming languages including SQL and PL/SQL
Internal Number: 70010280
About CHRISTUS Health
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and per...formance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.
Back to top