Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (email@example.com) with questions or to request an application form.
Midwest Hospitalist Opportunities in Rhinelander, Stevens Point and Weston, WI
Ministry Health Care - Ascension Wisconsin
Ministry Health Care, part of Ascension Wisconsin is actively seeking BC/BE Internal Medicine physicians to join our Hospitalist teams at:
- Saint Michael's Hospital in Stevens Point, WI
- Saint Mary's Hospital in Rhinelander, WI
- Saint Claire's Hospital in Weston, WI
Stevens Point - Saint Michael's Opportunity:
- Full Time
- 7 on/7 off, week starts on Saturday
- 4 weeks of days; 1 week of nights (or approx 5-6 weeks of nights annually)
- Adult inpatient /ICU/CCU
- Saint Michael's Hospital is a 94 bed Acute Care Hospital serving Central Wisconsin and surrounding communities
- Average patient census: 8-10 pts per day
- Occasional ED consults
- You can perform any procedures you are interested and trained to do, however, procedures are not required
- Located in a vibrant university community that offers an exceptional quality of life
Rhinelander - Saint Mary's Hospital Opportunity:
Convenient 7 on/7 off, week starts on Monday
Three weeks days; 1 week nights
Adult inpatient ICU/CCU
Daily census is 8-12 per Hospitalist
Will provide 2-3 hours of dedicated telemedicine rounding with NPs at a neighboring hospital
Saint Mary's is a 73-bed acute care hospital serving the residents of Northern Wisconsin
You will join a dynamic group with considerable longevity; group boasts a team-oriented environment
You are welcome to perform any procedures you are interested and appropriately trained to do
Weston - Saint Clare's Opportunity:
- Full Time
- Convenient 7 on/7 off, week starts on Friday
- Three weeks days; 1 week nights
- Some supervision of the NPs on night shift
- Adult inpatient ICU/CCU
- Daily census is 12-15 with approximately 2-3 admissions per day
- Saint Clare's is a 99-bed acute care hospital that opened in 2005
- You will join a dynamic group with considerable longevity; group boasts a team-oriented environment
- The Wausau/Weston area is a vibrant metropolitan community with easy access to regional airport, a downhill ski resort and an assortment of urban amenities.
Physicians who have recently joined us indicate that the excellent work/life balance combined with a friendly, thriving community was ultimately what drew them here. Hard work, honesty and hospitality are all mainstays of our Wisconsin lifestyle.
For more information or to apply, contact:
- Shelly Zimmermann
- Phone: 715-346-5620
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates Must Be BC/BE In Internal Medicine
Internal Number: R-1410443
Ascension Wisconsin is a combination of four systems—Affinity Health System, Columbia St. Mary’s, Ministry Health Care and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. We are comprised of 25 hospitals and more than 100 clinic sites across the state, ranging from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Healthcare, is the largest nonprofit health system in the US and the world’s largest Catholic health system.
We ar...e working every day to best meet the needs of the patients and communities we serve. If you share our commitment to quality care and exceptional patient service, we look forward to talking with you.
Back to top