Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to request an application form.
Chief Operating Officer
OSS Health is seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer to join our dynamic, collaborative leadership team located in South-central Pennsylvania.
OSS Health wishes to partner with a leader who will contribute to the company’s mission and engage team members who believe in our OSS culture and are committed to our mission of service excellence. Reporting to the CEO, the COO will manage with a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company. 10-12 Directors/Managers report directly to the COO. Successful candidates should have the following qualities: dedication to teamwork, exemplary customer service, professionalism, hard work, respect and integrity.
Job responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with Senior Leadership team to establish annual operational goals, priorities and measures
- Maintains a current knowledge of the healthcare industry and the forces which influence it
- Supports leadership continuity planning by developing and engaging key providers and staff in learning and growth opportunities
- Develops and executes the operational plan to achieve established goals and measures for clinical excellence, quality, safety, financial performance and engagement of providers and staff
- Oversees process improvement for system efficiency
- Identifies and fosters initiatives that will support and ensure achievement of operational goals in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan
- Oversees new facilities/expanded services to include timely, accurate and cost effective completion
- Develops and implements operational analysis and operating reports
- Holds clinical and operational leaders responsible for achieving goals and provides support to identify and resolve issues
- Creates positive employee morale and communication, including an open door policy and other mechanisms to build a culture of trust
- Serves as a leadership role model and mentor by actively demonstrating the mission and values of OSS Health
The successful COO candidate will have demonstrated the necessary management expertise in overall planning, organization and fiscal responsibility and the ability to implement operational policies and procedures in support of the strategic vision/goals.
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/healthcare management required, Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- At least 3 to 5 years previous experience in senior level management of mid-to-large physician practice or hospital required
- Designation as a CPME or ACHE strongly preferred
- Ability to function independently and lead the work groups for which responsible
- Demonstrated time critical decision-making skills
- Proven ability to build collaborative and trusted relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Proven ability to conceptualize complex issues and develop practical solutions
- Possess professional and effective communication skills and be able to promote effective communication at all levels
If you feel that you have the qualities and ability to lead and contribute to OSS’ mission, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please indicate “COO” in the subject area of your email.
Additional Salary Information: The COO is eligible for a 25% bonus.
OSS Health offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, ample PTO, and a generous retirement plan contribution.
Internal Number: COO
About OSS Health
OSS Health is an award winning physician-owned organization with a primary focus on orthopedics. We have 9 locations in York, Adams, Cumberland and Dauphin Counties including orthopedic clinics, a 26 bed inpatient specialty hospital, outpatient surgery, urgent care, pain management, occupational health, and other services. Our efforts are supported by 30 physicians, 20 mid-level providers and a ...staff of over 600.
Successful candidates should have the following qualities: dedication to teamwork, exemplary customer service, professionalism, hard work, respect and integrity.
More Jobs Like This
Morehouse School of Medicine
2 Weeks Ago
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
Back to top