Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (email@example.com) with questions or to request an application form.
Alliance HealthCare Services
The Regional Director of Operations drives operational excellence for the region’s interventional pain program and ensuring the region delivers on budgeted growth and profitable targets. This includes serving as the regional leader for executing mid and long range strategic initiatives to optimize the regional operational performance while managing operational short range planning and execution related to site performance, marketing and compliance. The work will involve consistent partnership with the Senior Vice President of Operations to identify, plan, manage and coordinate various operational initiatives and tactical plans, tracking operations performance against key performance indicators (and metrics) and coaching/mentoring personnel to ensure optimum team performance. The Regional Director will also have full P&L responsibility for a region comprised.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works in conjunction with the SVP of Operations on the development and delivery of the area's operations budget, monitors and forecasts area operational performance to budget and reviews area P&L performance with the SVP of Operations in the development of facilities performance. Monitors and forecasts region’s operations performance to budget, and reviews Profit and Loss and Growth Performance with the local partners and team members.
- Assures implementation of established guidelines, policies and procedures. Works with staff and physicians in creating and implementing objectives for the provision of safe and effective patient care; Evaluates effectiveness of policies and procedures and make recommendations for change. Holds facilities accountable to established standards, including regular evaluation of the facilities and identifying/addressing areas which require improvement. Identifies and recommends opportunities to impact performance trends favorably (staffing level optimization, overtime etc.) and implements action plans to ensure optimum performance. Ensures highest levels of patient and partner satisfaction; proactively resolves any potential partner issues.
- People Development. Manages team member tactical performance, analyzes individual and team performance against key performance indicators and metrics, fosters an environment of candor and collaboration to address performance deficiencies and provides coaching/mentoring to ensure the highest levels of individual and team performance. Guides local team members and partners on full HR lifecycle staff management related to staff recruitment, selection, training and development, performance management and disciplinary action.
- Develops and oversees the execution of effective referral physician outreach strategies. Identifies and implements effective community outreach strategies for direct to consumer marketing. Analyzes and recommends local marketing and other community support activities. Creates and implements programs that drive same-store-growth and identifies opportunities to expand service. Analyzes results against standardized marketing and sales metrics.
- Ensures region’s regulatory compliance; monitors changes in applicable laws and regulations; assures compliance with region’s quality and safety programs; ensures the highest standards of patient care.
A division of Alliance HealthCare Services (NASDAQ: AIQ), we are an equal opportunity employer and we believe in strength through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Candidate must possess at least five (5) years of experience in a healthcare operations management role healthcare service environment, with a minimum of three (3) years in a leadership capacity
- Prior Interventional Pain Management experience is preferred, but not required.
- Some travel required
Additional Salary Information: 20% Annual Bonus Potential
Internal Number: 2017-8473
About Alliance HealthCare Services
A transformative, integrated interventional healthcare delivery model of excellence for chronic pain care.As the industry shifts toward population health management, the demand for early interventions performed outside of the traditional inpatient setting is expected to increase. Interventional services are becoming an increasingly important part of the new continuum of care—minimally invasive pro...cedures often result in less trauma and pain with faster recoveries and with less cost to the payers and patients. Interventional therapies are playing a more critical role in the care and treatment pathway for patients, but they are also playing an important role in how care is delivered.
More Jobs Like This
Drexel University College of Medicine
Morehouse School of Medicine
2 Weeks Ago
3 Weeks Ago
Back to top