Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to request an application form.
Sanford Health is currently seeking a Board Certified or Board Eligible Pediatric Neurologist to join our expansive pediatric specialty team at Sanford Children’s Hospital in Fargo, North Dakota.
- Department consists of 2 Pediatric Neurologists.
- Clinic-based practice with hospital consults throughout the Children’s Hospitals (NICU, Pediatrics, PICU).
- Shared call with 2 other Pediatric Neurologists
- Clinic schedule of Monday-Friday, 8AM – 5PM.
- Interest in neuromuscular or headaches is an added advantage, but not a requirement.
- Support from adult subspecialists including stroke, neuro-ophthalmology and neuromuscular.
- Excellent collaboration with neuroradiologists.
- Practice includes outreach to regional clinics by driving and flying.
- Pediatric epilepsy monitoring unit located within the Children’s Hospital.
- Region’s only Level II Pediatric Trauma Center.
- One of 195 designated National Association of Children’s Hospitals in the country.
- Member of the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- 60-bed Children’s Hospital includes a 33-bed Level III NICU and 6-bed Level II PICU.
- Support from the largest team of more than 55 board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatricians and pediatric specialists in more than 25 medical specialties, including general surgery, orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery.
- Scheduled to open in 2017, the new $494 million, state-of-the-art Sanford Fargo Medical Center will house a new children’s unit, NICU and PICU.
- Guaranteed salary for the first two years. Comprehensive benefits are offered along with paid malpractice insurance and a relocation allowance.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Sanford Health offer excellent salary package, comprehensive benefits, paid malpractice insurance, and relocation allowance
Internal Number: PDN0217
About Sanford Health
Sanford Health, an integrated health system headquartered in the Dakotas, is the Nation's largest rural, non-profit health care system with locations in 126 communities in eight states. In addition, Sanford Health includes 35 medical centers, 140 clinic locations, 36 long-term facilities, and 1,360 physicians, offering expertise in 81 specialties. With more than 26,000 employees, Sanford Health ...is the largest employer in North and South Dakota.
Sanford Health is experiencing dynamic growth and development in conjunction with Denny Sanford's nearly $700 million in gifts, the largest ever to a health care organization in America. These gifts are making possible the implementation of several initiatives including global children's clinics, multiple research centers and finding a cure for Type I diabetes and eradicating breast cancer.
Sanford Clinic North, based in Fargo, North Dakota, is part of Sanford Health and includes an 800+physician, multi-specialty group practice, Sanford Medical Center-Fargo, Sanford Children's Hospital, Roger Maris Cancer Center as well as primary care clinics located throughout eastern North Dakota and western Minnesota.
Sanford Health is excited to be on a journey of tremendous growth and momentum. With our vast geography, cutting-edge medicine, sophisticated research and advanced education, we are unique in what we do and how we do it. Through relationships built on trust and successful performance as well as a vision to improve the human condition, Sanford seeks to make a significant impact on health and healing. We are proud to be from the Midwest and especially proud to know our organization is having a positive impact on the world.
More Jobs Like This
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 Week Ago
2 Weeks Ago
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
Back to top