Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to request an application form.
Pediatric Anesthesiology Opportunity Fargo ND
Sanford Health has an immediate opening for a Board Certified or Board Eligible Pediatric Anesthesiologist to join staff of its Anesthesia Service in Fargo North Dakota. At Sanford Health, our reputation of excellence is founded on our talented team of dedicated physicians, and we believe they are the cornerstone of health care.Practice Details:
- Sanford’s Anesthesia Department includes 18 anesthesiologists and 63 CRNAs.
- All specialties are represented, with the exception of heart and liver transplants.
- Sanford has more than 25 pediatric specialties including general surgery, orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery.
- The anesthesia care team model is used for nearly all cases.
- Region’s only Level II Pediatrics Trauma Center.
- Department provides service to approximately 28,000 cases per year at two hospitals and freestanding ambulatory surgical center (ASC).
- Service performs approximately 1,600 labor epidurals each year.
- Six board certified neonatal physicians, ten advanced practice clinicians and more that 90 neonatal nurses have the expertise and use latest in technology to care for the tiniest of babies.
- Sanford Children’s NICU offers an advanced level of equipment and capabilities not often found in other units including:
- Synchronized intermittent mandatory ventilation
- Sophisticated pulmonary functioning testing
- High frequency oscillatory ventilation
- High frequency jet ventilation
- Nitric oxide therapy
- Cool Cap system
- A highly trained neonatal flight team that is well-prepared to handle the needs of infants receiving critical care
- Opening in July 2017, the new Sanford Fargo Medical Center will house Sanford Children’s Hospital’s which includes the Pediatric unit, NICU, and PICU.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Additional Salary Information: Sanford Health offers an excellent salary package, comprehensive benefits, paid malpractice insurance, and relocation allowance
Internal Number: PDA0217
About Sanford Health
Sanford Health, an integrated health system headquartered in the Dakotas, is the Nation's largest rural, non-profit health care system with locations in 126 communities in eight states. In addition, Sanford Health includes 35 medical centers, 140 clinic locations, 36 long-term facilities, and 1,360 physicians, offering expertise in 81 specialties. With more than 26,000 employees, Sanford Health ...is the largest employer in North and South Dakota.
Sanford Health is experiencing dynamic growth and development in conjunction with Denny Sanford's nearly $700 million in gifts, the largest ever to a health care organization in America. These gifts are making possible the implementation of several initiatives including global children's clinics, multiple research centers and finding a cure for Type I diabetes and eradicating breast cancer.
Sanford Clinic North, based in Fargo, North Dakota, is part of Sanford Health and includes an 800+physician, multi-specialty group practice, Sanford Medical Center-Fargo, Sanford Children's Hospital, Roger Maris Cancer Center as well as primary care clinics located throughout eastern North Dakota and western Minnesota.
Sanford Health is excited to be on a journey of tremendous growth and momentum. With our vast geography, cutting-edge medicine, sophisticated research and advanced education, we are unique in what we do and how we do it. Through relationships built on trust and successful performance as well as a vision to improve the human condition, Sanford seeks to make a significant impact on health and healing. We are proud to be from the Midwest and especially proud to know our organization is having a positive impact on the world.
Back to top