Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (email@example.com) with questions or to request an application form.
| Job Description: |
The International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) is seeking a Central Service clinical professional to join our team as a Clinical Educator.
- Works collaboratively with members and staff to develop educational and continuing education programs.
- Assists in the development of IAHCSMM publications to include writing, reviewing and editing.
- Identifies and develops appropriate curricula using modalities such as print, online courses, webinars and live presentations.
- Serves as a clinical resource to the IAHCSMM members.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry standards and regulations.
- Represents IAHCSMM by speaking and/or participating in industry meetings and events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience writing and reviewing technical/educational materials.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in Central Service or related field required.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) designation required. Certification in Healthcare (CHL) and Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) designations preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all technical aspects of sterile processing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Travel required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in writing or verbally to both small and large groups.
- Knowledge and skill in administration and management, including the ability to analyze complex issues, set priorities, and manage finances.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Please submit your resume and cover letter before March 20, 2017.
Internal Number: 55312
The International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) is the association representing healthcare Central Service (CS) professionals worldwide. Because CS professionals are responsible for cleaning, decontaminating, sterilizing, and distributing medical and surgical instrumentation, they are among the most vital contributors to the delivery of safe, high-quality ......patient care. For more than 50 years, IAHCSMM has been providing these professionals with the broadest range of certification and continuing education offerings available, along with the unsurpassed support that only a full-service membership organization can offer.
More Jobs Like This
City and County of San Francisco
San Francisco, California
2 Days Ago
The University of Chicago
2 Days Ago
Back to top