Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (email@example.com) with questions or to request an application form.
Manager, Programs and Outreach
America's Health Insurance Plans
Works closely with the various members of the Insurance Education department to develop business prospects as they pertain to online learning initiatives. Once prospects are identified, works in conjunction with technology vendors and communication providers to finalize the sales and implementation of initiatives. Maintains relationships with companies that are currently using Insurance Education products to ensure a proper level of customer support and overall satisfaction. Supports sales initiatives through outreach, information distribution, and training of company contacts in use of AHIP systems.
- Maintenance of Accounts - Working in conjunction with the Deputy Director of Program Development, this candidate would support the educational needs of the member and non-member companies utilizing AHIP training courses. The candidate will be expected to provide top-notch communication and service through scheduled meetings with participating plans via phone and email interfacing. On select occasion, the candidate will also need to interface with account contacts in a face-to-face setting both on-site at AHIP’s offices and at the remote home offices of member and non-member plans.
- Outreach to New Accounts – The candidate will work to analyze program performance and identify areas of growth or improvement. The candidate will then identify member plans not currently, or fully, utilizing AHIP’s Insurance Education programs and form a relationship with the goal of increased program participation.
- Learning Management System Member Support - Performs administrative tasks including LMS course and session setups, scheduling, enrollment, reporting, entering and maintaining training and compliance records.
- As needed, prepares user manuals and carries out training sessions (for end users, or internal staff) either in person or through a WebEx platform.
- Serve as point-of-contact between technical vendors and AHIP staff.
- Trade Show Support – The candidate shall support departmental trade show efforts. These efforts may include assembly of materials for display, travel to specific trade show locations, and assistance in tracking shipped materials.
- Contract/Billing Support - Working with the Deputy Director of Program Development, the candidate will need to assist in tracking the status of contractual agreements from the initial drafts to final execution. Operational support of invoicing and billing agreements between AHIP and contracted plans may also be needed.
- Marketing Support - Facilitates and supports the development of comprehensive AHIP Insurance Education print and electronic promotional materials which includes marketing of products, partnerships, and exhibits.
- Coordinates communication with the Marketing Department with editing and proofreading trade show presentations, brochures, and other marketing material, as required.
- Participates in various seminars to promote ongoing self-development and maintain awareness of trends, regulatory requirements and industry thought leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- No supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to quickly grasp technology based solutions and provide front-end administration and troubleshooting.
- Excellent presentation, writing and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively via telephone and e-mail with customers and peers in varying roles, including proficiency with MSOffice Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook).
- Detail-orientated with excellent organization skills. System data entry accuracy a must.
- Ability to identify client's needs and translate them into documented business requirements.
- Excellent teamwork, verbal and written communication (including drafting briefing memorandums and to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms).
- Ability to effectively manage and maximize a large volume of accounts and quickly but strategically turn prospects into revenue-generating accounts.
- Project and time management skills are required with the ability to aggressively seek out new audiences to prospect for engagement and sales.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with all levels of management, staff, customers, and vendors.
- Promote and drive collaboration with formal and informal partnerships.
- Proven ability to translate complex issues into clear and concise educational messages.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to coordinate graphics needed to support educational outreach.
- Innovative and out-of-box thinker.
- Available for minimal overnight travel as business requires.
- 2-3 years of experience working with on-line education and outreach.
- 3-5 years of business development work experience and strong prospecting skills.
- 2 years of experience in handling contract support and billing, preferred.
- Experience delivering user training, preferred
- College degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification Requirements: None
Physical Work Activities & Conditions
- Continuous sitting for prolonged periods more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day.
- Keyboard use of greater or equal to 70% of the workday.
Percent of Travel
The purpose of a job description is to describe the overall function and general responsibilities of a job. Job descriptions are used in hiring and training and to provide employees with a better understanding of employer expectations. Actual job functions and duties will vary as job responsibilities and business needs require.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Interested candidates must send resume, references and a cover letter that includes salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
ATTN: HR Dept./IEMPO
601 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
South Building, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20004
Additional Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with experience
Internal Number: IEMPO
About America's Health Insurance Plans
America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) is the national trade association representing the health insurance community. AHIP’s members provide health and supplemental benefits through employer-sponsored coverage, the individual insurance market, and public programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. AHIP advocates for public policies that expand access to affordable health care coverage to all Americans through a competitive marketplace that fosters choice, quality, and innovation.
More Jobs Like This
5 Days Ago
The University of Chicago
2 Weeks Ago
Back to top