St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
- Emergency Services
- Family Medicine Residency
- Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Orthopedics & Spine Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Regional Blood Center
- Regional Cancer Center
- Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
- Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com
The Executive Director for St. Mary's Medical Group is responsible for the successful operation and performance of the physician practice enterprise. In addition, the Executive Director recommends strategies to enhance and/or grow physician services, establishes business plans and monitors the overall performance of physician services over time. The Executive Director also participates with a group of physician leaders who sit on an operating council to enhance communications and promote achievement of overall objectives.
In taking on leadership responsibility for the Medical Group, the Executive Director will continue to work on aligning and integrating physician practices within the organization and aligning with systemwide processes and initiatives. The Executive Director will need to develop credible relationships of trust with the physicians and leadership.
The continued growth of employed physicians and physician leaders is part of an overall strategy that will support the objective of providing integrated clinical care throughout the system while enhancing exceptional clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction. The Executive Director will be intimately involved in determining the overall strategy and successful implementation of an organization structure and action plan that supports a growing employed physician base.
The Executive Director of SMMG reports operationally to the COO of Medical Groups and Provider Services. The Executive Director, SMMG, also works collaboratively as a member of the St. Mary’s Executive Leadership Team. Individuals reporting to this role include the Director, Practice Operations and Sr. Financial Analyst
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides operating and financial oversight of physician service operations.
• Develops and implements a vision and business/operating plans targeted to promote the growth and enhancement of physician services. Works in partnership with the organization's leadership to enhance the future affiliation and integration of physicians.
• Manages personnel and oversees the professional development of administrative leaders responsible for the operations of physician services
• Develops and promotes a culture of service excellence across teams and associates to deliver an exceptional experience for patients.
• Develops and implements physician service standards and operating systems to enhance the effectiveness of physician services including information management, office management, scheduling, patient service and other operating improvements.
• Leads the physician employment initiatives conducting group practice assessments and other due diligence processes and recommends employment offerings.
• In partnership with the Medical Group President, ensures the existence of state-of-the-art systems for tracking, evaluating, and communicating patterns in care delivery through which clinical value to the community and payors can be demonstrated.
• Participates in payor contract negotiations and contract compliance activities for physician services.
• Participates in risk management related activities targeted to proactively minimize risk and promote the safety of patients, families, associates and others.
• Participates as a team member of the senior leadership team orchestrating the development and integration of the patient care experience across the organization.
• Serves on the Network Operations Council (NOC), committees and groups associated with physician services and overall practice management operations