Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (email@example.com) with questions or to request an application form.
Advancing Economic Community of Fargo, ND - Gastroenterology Opportunity
| PRACTICE SPECIFICS |
Essentia Health-Fargo is a multispecialty hospital with 104 private patient rooms, including critical care, medical surgical care, pediatric, neonatal intensive care, and maternity care. Services onsite include a 24-hour Emergency Department with Level II trauma designation and 10 operating room suites, which include both inpatient and day surgery.
- 2 full-time gastroenterologists plus 1 nurse practitioner in a 100% consultative practice are seeking a 3rd full-time gastroenterologist to join their efficient, well-run and friendly work-environment. >LI>Expertise in EUS and ERCP is preferred, but not a requirement
- 70% endoscopy and 30% office/hospital
- Admissions and discharges managed by the hospitalist service
- 1:4 call weekday
- Advanced endoscopic practice including motility, BRAVO pH testing, capsule endoscopy, and ERCP
- Olympus 190 scopes with CO2 are utilized in addition to Provation and Epic software
- Relocation and benefit package, 4 weeks of vacation and 10 days CME
- Competitive salary, sign on bonus, and retention bonus
- Tort reform state, no buy-in, no malpractice, no overhead, no seniority issues
- Centrally located on the border of North Dakota & Minnesota, 4 hours west of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Fargo-Moorhead population: 180,000, regional Service area consists of 25 clinics & 5 hospitals
- Safe and family-friendly environment with an active downtown, great schools and various community activities!
- BC/BE in Gastroenterology
- EUS and ERCP preferred
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran Status.
Internal Number: 111
About Essentia Health
Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Idaho.
Headquartered in Duluth, Minn., Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 14,000 employees, including more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners, who serve our patients and communities through the mission of being called to make a healthy difference in people’s... lives.
Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of quality, hospitality, respect, justice, stewardship and teamwork. The organization delivers on its promise to be “Here With You” in 15 hospitals, 69 clinics, seven long-term care facilities, two assisted living facilities, four independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
Essentia Health is accredited as an Accountable Care Organization by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
More Jobs Like This
New York Medical College (NYMC)
Westchester, New York
St. Peter's Health Partners
Schenectady, New York
1 Week Ago
Providence Health & Services
1 Week Ago
Back to top