Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program
Accepting Applicants for August 2016
We are accepting applications for our Child and Family Patient Centered Outcomes Research Scholars Program. This mentored career development (K12) program for junior faculty focuses on patient centered outcomes research and comparative effectiveness research.
This K12 program supports junior faculty, who are on their way to building careers that include research directly linked to delivery systems. The funding for this program comes from the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) administered through the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). It builds on our fellowship training in the Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Research Fellowship, but this program is targeted at junior faculty members, rather than post-doctoral fellows. The three primary sites of the program are Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH), MassGeneral Hospital for Children (MGHfC), and the Department of Population Medicine at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute (DPM). We link with a wide range of delivery systems and have a symposia series on key topics taking place throughout the year. The grant covers 75% of each scholar’s salary (up to a limit of $90,000) for 2-3 years, and provides additional funds (up to $25k annually) for scholars’ research development costs and individual training.
Our leadership team includes Drs. Jonathan Finkelstein (Director, BCH), Erinn Rhodes (Associate Director, BCH), Mark Schuster (BCH), Kenneth Mandl (BCH), Milton Kotelchuck (MGHfC), Karen Kuhlthau (MGHfC), Elsie Taveras (MGHfC), Matthew Gillman (DPM), Grace Lee (DPM), and Don Goldmann (Institute for Healthcare Improvement).
We are accepting applications through November 15, 2015 for positions starting on August 1, 2016. For this program, it is critical that scholars have primary interests in patient-centered outcomes and comparative effectiveness research as defined by PCORI. Applicants must have or concurrently apply for a faculty position at one of our primary sites. Please contact our Associate Director, Dr. Erinn Rhodes (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to request an application form.
Family Medicine MD/DO
Winters Healthcare is expanding its team!
We have a Family Medicine BE/BC position available at 32 hours per week, (PT & FT inquiries accepted) . The MD/DO will provide full-scope family medicine preferably with an interest in outpatient prenatal and reproductive health, and become a member of an awesome, unique integrated health care team. The ideal candidate enjoys: working on a team, being with people (co-workers, patients, community, etc.), collaborating, being innovative, and building connections and relationships. We are a unique organization and value the relationships we develop with one another to improve the health of our community.
- Full-Scope Family Medicine (preferable w/ OB)
- Work as part of an integrated health care team
- Minimal call schedule
- NHSC loan eligible site
- Full benefits and signing bonus
- Potential to increase hours in 2018 when we move into our new building!
- Current license to practice in the state of California, DEA, and CPR/ACLS/BLS;
- Board certified, or eligible, (If board eligible, must be certified within six months from the date of hire.)
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish is a plus!
- Provide full-scope family medicine (pediatric, reproductive health, adult, OB-GYN, geriatrics)
- Strong leadership skills and dedication to serving community health care are essential.
- Authorization and consent to investigate candidate’s background with a consumer report for employment purposes.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full-time annual equivalent salary range starts at $190,000 ($91/hour) and may increase on experience
- Signing bonus
- Relocation expense negotiable
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits 100% sponsored for employee
- Long-term disability, life insurance/ AD&D, employee assistance program provided to the employee at no cost
- Voluntary/supplemental short-term disability, life insurance & dependent life insurance
- 9 Holiday paid days off
- 2-5 weeks of Paid Time Off (based on years of service)
- 401K retirement match program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Medical Education ($1500 & 40 hours per year for full-time)
- Professional liability insurance includes tail and wrap around coverage
- WHF recognizes that fees and dues must be paid to practice, thus we cover license & DEA renewal
- Work-life balance (no weekends or days over 8 hours!)
- NHSC Loan Eligible site (Up to $50,000 with loan assistance)
To learn more:
Visit us online at www.wintershealth.org or contact Kelly, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com or 530-212-1029. Recruiters, please do not contact; we enjoy hearing from our candidates directly.
Additional Salary Information: 40 hour full-time annual equivalent salary range starts at $190,000 ($91/hour). Full benefits, CME, PTO & 401K. NHSC loan repayment eligible site.
Internal Number: 3106742
About Winters Healthcare
Winters Healthcare is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) located in beautiful Northern California and dedicated to providing exceptional, compassionate health care to each person, regardless of his or her ability to pay.
We are not a production based facility; we are a small, nimble non-profit organization providing primary care via a team-based model that includes integrated behaviora...l health and dental services. We serve over 3,000 patients through direct primary medical, dental and perinatal services. We are committed to serving the all those in the community with the best possible care whether they have private insurance, public insurance or no insurance.
We value relationships between providers, team-based staff and patients to achieve better health. We value change and innovation and although are a small organization we are technologically savvy and operate integrated electronic medical records, e-prescriptions, e-laboratory ordering and results and we provide meaningful data to providers, care staff and patients on a regular basis.
We are committed to improving the work-life balance of each staff member through defined hours (no more 12 hour days and no weekends!). We want to know what is important to you and we want to make sure that there is a good fit for you and Winters Healthcare.
Winters is a scenic and historic area centrally located in Northern California; with a short drive from Davis, CA, about 40 miles West of Sacramento and 70 miles northeast of San Francisco. Winters is a small town with close access to many beauties of California! Winters is located near many lifestyle activities including hundreds of miles of bike trails, 20 minutes’ drive to hiking and boating at Lake Berryessa, 1 hour drive to Sonoma and the Napa Valley, 2 hours’ drive to the coast, and 2 hours’ drive in the opposite direction to the snow for skiing and snowboarding. Winters is also known for the waters of Cache Creek and fly fishing! Winters houses great local wineries, shops, a craft brewery, agriculture full of olive orchards and organic farms with fresh local produce, honey and meat.
Winters is truly a gem! Visit us online to view our open positions and to learn more about Winters Healthcare and the beautiful area of Winters and Davis at www.wintershealth.org. For further information, contact Kelly, Director of Human Resources at 530-212-1029 and she would be happy to talk with you to discuss the opportunities that we have for you! We look forward to hearing from you! Recruiters, please do not contact; we like hearing from our candidates directly.
More Jobs Like This
2 Months Ago
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
Iowa City, Iowa
3 Days Ago
Enterprise Medical Recruiting
4 Days Ago
Back to top