We Want U to join our University Health family, where providing the best patient care is our number one priority.
University Health is a proud provider of world-class healthcare to our communities. Advanced, specialized healthcare is provided at two locations: University Health Shreveport and University Health Conway. We are the proud clinical partner of the distinguished LSU Health Shreveport School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, University Health upholds a strong commitment to treatment, research, community education and prevention programs.
University Health Shreveport features:
- 452 Hospital Beds
- 55 Ambulatory Care Outpatient Clinics
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Region’s only Cystic Fibrosis Center
- State-of-the-art Burn Center
- St. Jude Affiliate
- Feist-Weiller Cancer Center
- Level 3 NICU
- Certified Stroke Center
University Health Conway features:
- 244 Licensed Beds
- 8 Operating Rooms
- Level 2 NICU
- 20-Bed Emergency Department
- New Cardiac & Vascular
- Newly Remodeled Women’s & Children’s Wing
For more information regarding University Health, please visit uhsystem.com.
Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the financial management of University Health System, i.e., responsible for planning (long and short term), budgeting, accounting, financial statements, proposing fee structures, managing A/R, monitoring the financial status of the system, ensuring appropriate reimbursement, maintaining internal controls, ensuring a successful annual audit, and performing the necessary and appropriate financial/program analyses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Under general direction of the CEO, and within the framework of established policies and objectives:
- Oversees all fiscal operations including accounts receivable and payable, payroll, fee schedules, billing and collections, purchasing and inventory control.
- Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates department staff
- Develops and initiates systems, policies, and procedures for transacting financial matters.
- Analyzes impact of various delivery/financial models/purchase-lease systems.
- Ensures that the financial system is accurate, efficient and in accordance with professional accounting practices and governmental regulations.
- Participates as an integral part of the Senior Management team.
- Prepares monthly Financial Statements, maintains timely and accurate financial accounting records on the accrual basis of accounting, and prepares operational statistical reports to track health center performance for key measures.
- Develops and ensures implementation of goals, projects, policies, procedures, methods and controls in his/her areas of responsibility.
- Directs the general accounting activities, including maintenance of general ledgers, analysis of computer printouts, and review of payroll records.
- Prepares financial and statistical reports as required by the CEO, Board of Directors, Senior Management Team, and State/Federal regulations and program requirements. Prepares annual and special financial reports, studies projects and analyses.
- Develops and maintains internal control systems and establishes internal audit and financial related corporate compliance policies and procedures.
- Provides data, reports, and other analytical information to assist in preparation of the annual budget.
- Forecasts revenues, expenditures and year-end balances on the accrual basis of accounting.
- Forecasts cash flows and maintains cash management and working capital controls, including management of idle funds, short-term financing, and timely payment of obligations.
- Prepares and revises the fiscal operations procedures manual and ensures implementation of these fiscal policies/procedures.
- Coordinates with other departments planning for short and long range fiscal needs.
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates department supervisory staff.
- Responds in an appropriate and timely manner to the needs, concerns, and problems of staff, the finance department, and of the organization.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
A combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for success would require minimally:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or finance. MBA or CPA preferred but not required.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in accounting.
- Four (4) years’ proven supervisory experience.
- At least five (5) years’ previous experience in health care field is essential.
- The incumbent must have experience in health care reimbursement financing; state and federal accounting regulations; principles and practices of financial administration, including budgeting and reporting requirements; organizational dynamics; planning; coordinating and directing a complex financial operation; problem solving and communication.
Please visit our website at https://careers.uhsystem.com/ to submit an
application and upload a resume for this position.