Family Medicine Residency Faculty: Inpatient Focus
UC Davis Family & Community Medicine
Location: Sacramento, California
Type: Full Time
Required Education: MD/DO
Academic Medical Group
Internal Number: JPF04632
The University of California, Davis School of Medicine is recruiting for a full-time Assistant or Associate Professor in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series in the Department of Family and Community Medicine. The Department of Family Medicine is national leader in primary care research, education, and clinical care.
The position would be expected to contribute with distinction in the areas of clinical care, teaching mentoring of trainees scholarly and/or creative activities, and University and public service.
Specific core duties, functions and responsibilities include:
• Providing care of adult and pediatric hospital inpatients. Inpatient coverage is assigned in week-long increments (Thursday afternoon through Thursday afternoon, inclusive of the intervening weekend), with daytime coverage provided in house and night time coverage by telephone from home. Eight to twelve weeks of inpatient coverage are anticipated, spaced over the academic year, with the exact amount dependent on the amount of other clinical duties performed.
• Serving as faculty lead for the Family Medicine Ward (FMW) hospital inpatient service, including curriculum oversight and development, mentorship for residents, and oversight of care quality monitoring and improvement efforts.
• Providing direct outpatient clinical care in all aspects of family medicine
• Teaching and supervision of residents and medical students in both the inpatient and outpatient settings, with an emphasis on family medicine hospital inpatient care.
• Contributing to departmental, University and public service
Basic qualifications (required at time of application):
MD or DO degree
Successful completion of an approved family medicine residency training program
Be Board certified or board eligible in Family Medicine
Ability to obtain a Medical License in the State of California
Current outpatient clinical practice including outpatient pediatric, prenatal, and postpartum care.
Current inpatient practice caring for medically ill adult and pediatric patients.
Demonstrated experience in relevant healthcare leadership roles
Demonstrated experience in the teaching of residents and students
Commitment to providing care to diverse populations and under-served populations
Hospitalist or equivalent training and/or job experience
Current inpatient obstetrics practice Experience in care of LGBTQ populations
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion - Contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion documented in the application file will be used to evaluate applicants. Visit https://academicaffairs.ucdavis.edu/faculty-equity-and-inclusion for guidelines about writing a statement and why one is requested.