Business Manager - Plastics and Cosmetic Surgery and Wound Clinic
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2207013
Business Manager, Plastics & Cosmetic Surgery and Wound Clinic
Requisition Number 2207013
Coordinate, monitor, and evaluate the operation of a unit of the University or Medical Center.
When choosing cosmetic surgery to enhance your appearance, it is important that you choose the best team that will help you determine your unique needs and develop a safe, appropriate and personalized treatment plan.
Our surgeons are board-certified specialists with decades of combined experience and have trained many of the plastic surgeons practicing in the Nashville area. Our nurses and staff will make you feel comfortable with their knowledge and expertise. In addition, our comfortable, private setting protects your confidentiality.
Managing a chronic wound can be challenging for you and your family. The Vanderbilt Wound Center provides care for wounds that have not responded to treatment or need specialized care. We bring together specialists from several medical and surgical specialties to ensure that you receive the expert attention you deserve. Our team provides compassionate care using reliable, time-tested approaches while also embracing cutting-edge therapies. We can also help you navigate insurance systems to get you the care and supplies you need to heal.
Monday - Friday | Days | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Develop work goals for the unit/area consistent with institutional and departmental goals and policy
Plan to achieve goals or establish priorities
Initiate changes or develop new policies, procedures and/or methods
Help unit to understand, share, and support the vision
Ensure the most effective operation of the unit/area through program development, process improvement and coordination of processes across functions
Monitor and coordinate programs and actions
Supervise a unit/area with responsibility for planning, coordinating and controlling the work and procedures
Coordinate the activities of one or more functions to effect unity of operation
Adjust work schedules or project priorities to meet emergencies or changing condition.
Provide information to others (oral or written) to explain/clarify problems or issues or requests; meet with other professional/technical personnel to determine causes of a specific problem.
Participate in periodic management meetings to keep top management informed of problems and concerns
Define and achieve financial targets for the unit/area, consistent with the departmental financial plan
Plan communicate budget calendar and process
Aid in the implementation, interpretation and presentation of annual wage and salary plan to staff
Supply precise information by center and account line regarding anticipated expenses for budget preparation including, but not limited to, detailed salary and fringe benefit information for faculty, staff and students (as applicable), estimated endowment revenue for all scholarship centers and provide guidance for estimated unrestricted scholarship need
Frequently prepare ad hoc financial and budget reports
Prepare for and attend monthly financial statement meetings along with director/ administrator. Closely monitor revenues and expenditures for all salary expenditures in all centers for the entire unit/area/department
Report findings that occur as part of the analysis process and incidental discoveries to the director/administrator
Exercise judgment and prepare supporting or correcting documentation as deemed appropriate
Exceed defined service standards for the unit/area
Ensure that the service standards established for the unit/area are met or exceeded
Monitor performance against service standards
Use patient/customer satisfaction data to improve systems, processes, and outcomes
Ensure a safe, satisfying and enriching environment for employees and provides a qualified, competent staff
Provide qualified competent staff by tracking projected staffing needs against qualification and competencies of current staff to identify any deficiencies to improve staffing levels.
Define the qualifications and performance expectations for all staff positions through the Performance Development system, including department specific job descriptions, measurable performance standards
Ensure that staff qualifications are consistent with job responsibilities. Verify for each employee or contracted personnel that, where relevant, education and training are consistent with applicable legal and regulatory requirements and hospital policy, that the individual is licensed, certified or registered, and that the individual's knowledge and experience are appropriate for the job assignment
Create an environment that encourages and supports self-development and learning for all staff through regular feedback, by assuring the development of staff through orientation, training programs, work experiences and assessing competencies by meeting the performance expectations stated in his or her job description in a timely manner (normally annually)
Monitor quality assurance standards, programs and procedures within the unit/area
Ensure that defined quality standards are met within area of responsibility
Organizational Impact: Directs activities to achieve operational plans with some near term effect on results of the department/area.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Identifies issues, gathers facts to resolve technical and operational problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies in-depth knowledge and skills of a professional/technical area and basic management knowledge to manage the work of the team.
Team Interaction: Leads a complex department with a focus on implementation. Typically executes on a short to medium term strategies.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (M2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (M2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (M2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (M2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (M2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.