Pittsburgh Critical Care Associates a private practice intensivist group provides intensivist services to UPMC Altoona.
• Pittsburgh Critical Care Associates (PCCA) currently provides intensivist and APP coverage 24-hours a day, 365-days a year in the 14-bed MICU, 12-bed SICU, 7-bed CVICUand 7-bed neuroICU.
• UPMC Altoona is a 397-bed Level 2 Trauma Center and regional referral center for the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and is expanding its stroke services to offer comprehensive, multi-disciplinary care for patients with severe neurological injuries.
• Expanded services include a newly renovated 7-bed neurointensive care unit (neuroICU).
Intensivist and APP coverage is currently provided 24-hours a day.
Physician intensivist coverage is provided in house 16-hours a day, seven (7) days a week, and staffed by two physicians on day shifts.
• Days are: 10 hours a day (7am to 5pm), seven (7) days a week, and staffed by two physicians. Each physician is dedicated to either the medical ICU or to the non-trauma surgical ICU, with the second assisting the medical ICU with overflow patients.
• Nights are: in house from 5pm to 10pm. At the end of this shift, the intensivist signs out to the ACNP, who covers the ICU between 10pm and 7am. Intensivists rotate on-call nights every other night.
Intensivist day shift: 7am to 5pm
Intensivist night shift: 5pm to 10pm with sign out to ACNP who covers until 7am.
*It is anticipated that the neuroICU will be staffed by a neurointensivist and three neurocritical care APP’s. The neuroICU team will be supported by the established PCCA intensivists who are present in-house 24-hours a day.
PCCA supports the refined multidisciplinary MD/APP intensivist team model of care to provide.
UPMC Altoona is a 397-bed Level 2 Trauma Center and is currently an accredited stroke center. Surgical services include trauma, neurosurgery, open heart (Center for Cardiac Care), orthopedic, and all basic surgical specialties. The Emergency Department sees approximately 40,900 patients annually.
UPMC Altoona has the largest service area in the state—serving over 20 counties in West-Central Pennsylvania, it is centrally located between Danville, Hershey, Johnstown, and State College. Penn State Milton Hershey Medical
Center (2.5 hours east) and UPMC Presbyterian (2 hours west) are the closest comprehensive stroke centers.
UPMC Altoona is 40 minutes from State College in Pennsylvania, 2 hours from Harrisburg and 2 hours from Pittsburgh. This city is the tenth most populous in the state and situated in the Allegheny Mountains at the base of Brush Mountain in Pleasant Valley. Each day, 60-80 trains pass through the city, some traveling along the famous Horseshoe Curve. The city is also home to Penn State Altoona. The downtown area is located in the heart of the emerging I-99 Innovation Corridor. Interstate 99 provides access to the Pennsylvania Turnpike to the south and Interstate 80 to the north; and U.S. Route 22, which provides east-west service and direct access to Pittsburgh and Harrisburg (each roughly 2 hours away). The Altoona-Blair County Airport provides commercial air service, offering daily flights to Washington Dulles International Airport.
The Intensivists will be employees of Pittsburgh Critical Care Associates, Inc private physician group.
Full-time Intensivists receive a comprehensive benefits package, including malpractice and health insurance, employer-contributed retirement funds with 401K option and reimbursable CME. The salary is nationally competitive.
Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Trained. Board Eligible / Board Certified in Critical Care Medicine
Intensivist Jobs specializes in Intensivist staffing nationwide. Like the physicians we place, we are specialists. We understand the highly specific staffing needs of institutions, as well as the highly specific professional needs of our candidates.
Our exclusive focus on Critical Care staffing means that we can match candidates to institutions far more effectively than large generalist firms. It also means that you get personal, partner-level attention to help with your search.