Location: United States,
Along with a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, our outstanding employment package includes: competitive salaries, excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off (PTO), a 401k incentive plan, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a company-wide wellness program.
The APP will primarily work on campus with 2-3 endocrinologists and 1 other advanced practice provider (APP) daily. You will work closely and collaboratively providing comprehensive assessment and care for patients with metabolic diseases including a safe and appropriate transition for discharge.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Performs physical examination, compiles medical data, records medical history, and implements a treatment plan on new and established patients
* Orders and interpret appropriate diagnostic studies when indicated
* Instructs patients and families regarding treatment plan and medications
* Consults with physician when warranted to assess patient condition and treatment
* Ensures that medical charts are completed in a timely manner
* Escalates care based on patient's medical need
* Supports the patient and family by explaining medication instructions to the patient
* Performs within guidelines of specific privileges approved by INOVA and delegated by the collaborating physician
* Manage the Inpatient Endocrinology pager and subject to periodic call coverage
* All other duties assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to assess situations, resolve within scope of ability, or escalate as appropriate
* Ability to respond effectively to emergencies, actual events or drills.
* Ability to follow instructions with little supervision
* Ability to maintain professional demeanor in all aspects of role
* Demonstrates initiative and is a motivated learner
* Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program or accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
* Must maintain continuing education in pertinent clinical practice according to licensure requirements.
* Internal medicine or endocrinology experience highly desired. However, new graduates are encouraged to apply
* VA license