Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
The Critical Care APP works closely and assists the physician in providing quality, efficient and continuous critical care in the Intensive Care Unit. Critical Care Medicine privileges shall encompass the admission, general internal medicine consultation, evaluation and treatment of uncomplicated and/or complex adolescent and adult medical patients in the Intensive Care Unit.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist the physician in all aspects of patient care as requested including procedures appropriate for ICU as trained and proctored by the supervising intensivist and privileged by the overseeing credentialing body of the hospital
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures under the physician's supervision
- Obtain/Perform, record, and dictate medical histories and physical examinations
- Dictate discharge and transfer summaries
- Make daily rounds, record progress notes, and write routine orders
- Prepare patients for discharge from the hospital when appropriate
- Educate patients and family regarding disease, procedures, medications, nutrition, health care and post-discharge care
- Act as liaison between patients and physician, as well as nursing and physician
- Request consults from appropriate physicians
- Evaluate patients who require an intensive care /acute medical care consult
- Manage applicable patient databases
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner education program that holds a national accreditation acceptable to the Board of Medicine or Nursing, required
- Approved for Prescriptive Authority in Virginia, required
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or an equivalent nationally recognized body as a Nurse Practitioner, required
- Licensed as a physician assistant or nurse practitioner in Virginia, required
- Valid DEA certificate, required
- BLS, ACLS certification, required
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.