Location: Margaretville, New York
Margaretville Hospital, a member of the Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) is seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) to join our Emergency Department. In this position the Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner will providemedical assessment, diagnostic and therapeutic services to diverse ED patients.
- Performs medical evaluations, treatment, follow-up and consultations for patients with diverse medical conditions.
- Provides assessment, triage, and therapeutic management of patient/family needs throughout the disease process as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team
- Cultivates a patient centric environment that focuses on the whole individual inclusive of the physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and functional needs of the patient, family, and significant others
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Candidates must be board certified as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner and possess an applicable New York State license prior to onboarding.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 2-years solo emergency medicine experience in a critical access hospital. New graduates without applicable experience will not be considered for this position.
- Proficiency in advanced procedures such as airway management, trauma management, and thoracotomy with procedure logs are required
- Must possess excellent communication skills and demonstrate an ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Margaretville Hospital, a member of the Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth). Margaretville Hospital, in Margaretville, NY, is home to Delaware County's most advanced critical-care access hospital. This 15-bed facility cares for more than 240 inpatients annually while performing 14,000 outpatient procedures each year. Margaretville Hospital was named one of the top 100 critical-access hospitals in the nation by the National Rural Health Association. It providesemergency care, ambulatory care services, laboratory testing, medical imaging, physical and occupational therapy, swing-bed rehabilitation programs, respite care, and board-certified specialist and wellness education.
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2, and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state-of-the-art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley. Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit WMCHealth.org
Westchester Medical Center Health Network values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. We seek candidates who embrace and reflect diversity in the broadest sense. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class.For more information about this opportunity, contact Jasmine Campos, Manager Advanced Clinical Recruitment by email at Jasmine.Campos@wmchealth.org
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC