Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Admits patients to Medical or Surgical ICU
* Performs common IUC level procedures including central line, arterial line, chest tube placements and intubations
.* Plans, implements, and directs the multidisciplinary team in the provision of inpatient services to patients under the physician's care.
* Completes History and Physical Exams, orders laboratory tests, and orders radiographic examinations as appropriate for patient care.
* Orders treatments and medications as indicated by patient conditions.
* Responds to CODE BLUE and acute emergencies as required in the ICU.
* Answers calls from nursing staff concerning patients requiring medical attention. * Arranges and conducts family meetings where appropriate.
* Plans and coordinates care with all members of the health care team to assure quality and efficiency. Consults additional specialty physicians when indicated by patient condition and clinical practice guidelines.
* Practices evidence-based medicine utilizes standardized protocols and order sets, and coordinates with care management and nursing staff to achieve the most appropriate length of stay.
* Prepares medical records and patient progress notes in a timely and accurate fashion, in compliance with applicable facility and governmental guidelines.
* Prepares and enters appropriate diagnostic and billing codes into facility-designated system within 24 hours of provision of services
. * Actively participates in patient satisfaction, utilization management, and other quality improvement activities of employer and/or when required by third-party payers.
* Participates in employer orientation, compliance, and mandatory training and education programs.
* Complies with applicable Rules and Regulations of facility and abides by all requirements of facility's Medical Staff Bylaws.
* Performs all services, acts, and duties connected with the position in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Must be a graduate of an AMA approved school of medicine or osteopathy (ECFMG candidate if foreign medical school graduate).
- Board Certification in Critical Care medicine
- Fellowship and certification in critical care medicine.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Virginia required.
- Active DEA License required.
- AHA, ACLS BLS certification required
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Prior experience preferred but will consider out of fellowship.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.