The University of Alabama (UAB) Medical School Seeks Accomplished Breast Imaging Faculty | Join an Elite Professional Circle | Work at a Top Radiology Department | Live and Work in a Highly-Ranked Southern City
Join a team of brilliant breast care colleagues, collaborate with them daily on exciting cases, inspire each other to exceed goals, and make an impactful difference in the future of breast care.
The esteemed Department of Radiology at the University of Alabama Medical School (UAB) seeks accomplished Breast Imaging Faculty. This prestigious role at an NCI-designated Cancer Center offers a career-defining chance to focus entirely on breast imaging and engage in groundbreaking procedures like ultra-fast CT and Cryoablation of breast tumors. Join a team of expert faculty in a collaborative, low-call environment and immerse yourself in a setting where education meets innovation. The successful candidate will be at the forefront of screening, diagnostics, and tumor treatment, contributing to world-class research and teaching in outstanding residency and fellowship programs.
· Elite Professional Circle: Collaborate with top minds in breast care, pushing boundaries and inspiring breakthroughs in health outcomes
· NCI-Designation: Thrive in a leading Cancer Center renowned for its progressive cancer care and research
· Breast Care Innovation: Pioneering treatments for breast tumors with cutting-edge procedures
· Educational Excellence: Elevate your expertise through top-tier residency and fellowship programs
· Collaborative Expertise: Join a team of faculty passionate about teamwork in an expansive, supportive environment
· Breast Imaging Focus: Dedicate your practice to breast imaging with the luxury of minimal on-call duties
· Academic Affiliation: Connect with a premier medical school pushing the boundaries of research
· Teaching Opportunities: Engage with an exceptional Radiology residency and esteemed fellowships
· Integrated Clinical Practice: Work in harmony with a multidisciplinary team revolutionizing breast cancer patient care
· Medicine Distinction: Be a part of a top-ranked academic medical center that excels in care, research, and education
· Customizable Career Paths: Tailor your position to match your unique interests in a dynamic healthcare setting
· Top Institution: UAB is ranked a Best College by US News and one of Forbes' Best Large Employers in the US for 2022
Community Highlights – Live and Work in Birmingham, Alabama
Bursting with Southern charm and hospitality, Birmingham is a diverse city rich in culture with a small-town feel and a close-knit community. The city and surrounding region have something for everyone, with various events throughout the year and tremendous opportunities for families and individuals alike.
· US News ranks Birmingham as a Best Place to Live and a Best Place to Retire
· Benefit from affordable housing options in charming neighborhoods and a cost of living about 13% lower than the national average
· Experience four distinct seasons, allowing for various outdoor recreation and top-notch shops and restaurants throughout the city
· Enjoy convenient access to the mountains, the Gulf Coast, and other large metropolitan areas such as Atlanta and Nashville, as well as many Birmingham amenities—including an international airport, live entertainment, arts offerings, and professional sporting events
· Seven Birmingham restaurants and chefs have received the prestigious James Beard Award
At AMN Healthcare, we strive to be recognized as the most trusted, innovative, and influential force in helping healthcare organizations provide quality patient care that continually evolves to make healthcare more human, more effective, and more achievable.