Pediatric Hospitalist Position in New York and Vermont
University of Vermont, Department of Pediatrics
Location: Burlington, Vermont
Type: Full Time
Hospital, Public and Private
Internal Number: F2963PO
The Department of Pediatrics is seeking a pediatric hospitalist to join the Pediatric Hospitalist Division at the Robert Larner, MD, College of Medicine at the University of Vermont and the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital.
We are seeking a pediatrician who is Board Certified or Board Eligible in general pediatrics. Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Pediatric Hospital Medicine is encouraged but not required. This position will be primarily based at the Champlain Valley Physician’s Hospital, a member of the University of Vermont Health Network, in Plattsburgh, New York (90%) and the remaining time (10% effort) at the University of Vermont Children’s Hospital in Burlington, VT. Clinical and academic responsibilities include providing 24/7 comprehensive pediatric care at our academic site as well as newborn nursery coverage, emergency room consultation, and delivery room coverage at Champlain Valley Physician’s Hospital. Additional responsibilities will include education of residents and medical students, quality improvement work and community outreach education, with opportunities available for research and educational scholarship. The position is for the Assistant or Associate Professor level on the non-tenure clinical scholar pathway.
We encourage rapid reply to this announcement from interested applicants. We aim to fill the position as soon as possible. If you are interested in this position, please apply at www.uvmjobs.com. Applications should include a cover letter summarizing qualifications and contributions to diversity, a curriculum vitae, and names/contact information for three references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching and/or service. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal. The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law. The University encourages applications from all individuals who will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered that includes the following:
403B plan participation (UVM and/or UVMHN)
Continuing medical education funds based on FTE (UVMHN)
Insurance protection including malpractice, health, life and disability (UVM and/or UVMHN)
Loan assistance program based on FTE up to $60,000 (UVMHN)
Relocation assistance available (UVMHN)
Dependent tuition remission (UVM)
Champlain Valley Physician’s Hospital is an affiliate site of the University of Vermont Health Network in Plattsburgh, NY. Plattsburgh is a small, family-oriented city of 38,000. It is located on Lake Champlain, a beautiful 45 minute ferry ride from Burlington, VT.
Located in Burlington, Vermont, the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at the University of Vermont and the University of Vermont Medical Center serve as Vermont’s only academic medical center and provides tertiary care to patients from Vermont and northern NY. Burlington is also a vibrant community located on the shores of Lake Champlain, between the Adirondack and Green Mountains. With year-round recreational opportunities, safe communities and excellent schools, this progressive community has been frequently cited as one of the most livable cities in the U.S.
Additional information about the University of Vermont Medical Center and the Department of Pediatrics can be obtained at:
About University of Vermont, Department of Pediatrics
As the 7th oldest medical school in the nation, the College of Medicine has a longstanding reputation for educating and training superb physicians and scientists, fostering groundbreaking research to improve patients’ lives, and actively engaging with the community of Vermont and the region.