Location: Wilmington, Delaware
In collaboration with and under the direction of an Anesthesiologist, administers anesthesia to patients as a qualified member of the anesthesia care team. Case assignment and oversight of the overall evaluation of the patient will be determined by an anesthesiologist. The full or part time certified registered nurse anesthetist shall demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to provide anesthesia care appropriate to the neonatal, pediatric and adolescent population, documents appropriately in the electronic medical record.
Incumbent will participate in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Process Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve patient care and making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the Hospital, Anesthesia and Perioperative Services Department.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Graduate of an approved program of nurse anesthesia accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- Valid State of Delaware license as a Registered Nurse
- Valid State of Delaware APRN license as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Prescriptive Authority of Delaware-confirmation noted on Delaware Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Board Certified as a Registered Nurse Anesthetist
- Valid Re-certification from the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA)
- Controlled Substance license of Delaware
- Federal DEA license for Delaware
- Current BLS, PALS and ACLS certification
- Additional Certifications and Licenses required for any additional states worked in
Nemours offers its Associates a competitive salary and a robust benefits package that includes relocation, health/life/dental/vision for Associates and their dependents, a wellness program, CME, 403(b) with employer match, licensure and dues allowance, tuition reimbursement, legal plan, adoption assistance and many other benefit options. If you're looking for a position that will allow you to enjoy a work-life balance, have an opportunity for professional growth, and focus on pediatric care, this is the opportunity for you.